Classified among physical therapy/rehabilitation techniques, extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) remains an important tool for helping manage a variety of equine conditions and injuries, but also for maintaining your equine athlete and best friend.
Problems that ESWT can help alleviate includeo:
- Tendinopathy / tendinitis, a leading cause of injury in athletic horses
- Desmitis (ligament injuries, inflammation)
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease)
- Bone injuries such as stress fractures and incomplete fractures
- Navicular disease / podotrochleitis
- Kissing spine
- Deep muscle pain
Shockwave stimulates the healing process by increasing the blood flow to affected areas, which accelerates healing and often results in quicker relief from pain.
Shockwave has these medical benefits:
✅ Accelerated tissue repair
✅ Cell growth
✅ Pain reduction
✅ Mobility restoration
✅ Reduces chronic inflammation
✅ Stimulates collagen production to connect and support tissue
This is not only helpful in rehabilitation for specific injuries, but assists comfort, peak performance and recovery!